Sunday, September 07, 2008

My homily today will be extremely brief.

Every year at this time I give a financial report. This year, I am doing it at the conclusion of Mass, to avoid taking anything away from the Mass itself with a report on mundane matters, and also, to allow you to ask questions.

I cannot force you to stay at the end of Mass for this report, but I beg of you to do so.

And now my brief homily:

(Sign of the Cross)

You just heard our Lord tell us how powerful our prayers and action can be.
The only limit is a hard heart:
if we place limits on what we will believe God can do,
and what we will allow God to do through us.


Christ is in our midst! The Eucharist is Jesus—and he is here now!
Harden not your hearts, and He will work miracles in our lives!

2 comments:

The Woman of the House said...

Great Homily Fr. Martin. I'm not opposed to long homilies, I just have a short attention span and little kids. I didn't even hear our homily at Mass today. Thanks for that one.

God bless,
Adele

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I knew a priest who could say more in five minutes than some can say in 1/2 hour. Glad to see you have hat ability also.