Friday, June 01, 2007

A good week...

I think I've said this before: a perhaps dismaying, but real measure of a "good week" for a pastor is how full his trash can is. Because a large part of my job is, to put it simply, getting paper off my desk.

This afternoon, my trash can was stuffed, and I have one more day to go this week (Saturday is always a work day).

That said, I still have plenty in "The Pile": many personal thank-you letters to write, some many months old; many calls I need to make; several other odds and ends.

Then there's a very large "to read" pile: this is stuff that doesn't need any other action.

Then there's my office itself, which needs some re-organization--my files need to be re-rationalized, and I'd like to paint the walls (they are the color of Pepto-Bismol that has spilled and been cleaned up) and finally put all my books on the shelves, and hang my pictures. Only been here two years (but I didn't know if my office would stay where it was, or not, until last summer)...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father,

You know there are people in your parishes that are wired (by God, I might add) to organize to do this kind of stuff. I bet there are 2 or 3 that would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you do this. They could help you get organzied, be several sets of hands and even paint and clean. 2 days MAX and you would be done - they would be happy and feel like they have helped their Dad and you would be squared away.

Just a thought - as your current pace would say that in another year you could copy and paste this post! Why not let them help you?!

Anonymous said...

Paperwork..it just grows & grows!

Steve Dillard said...

Father-

Would you please contact me by email? As you may already be aware, I am heading up a national effort to oppose Rudy Giuliani's bid to win the GOP presidential nomination, and I would appreciate your assistance. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I am fortunate to live in a parish that has four ordained deacons to assist our pastor. I hope and pray that you, Father Fox, one day have a deacon assigned to assist you. It sure sounds like you could use at least one.

Diane Korzeniewski said...

Father, would you like to come and fill my trash can?

Then again, only a bull-dozer would do.

Gosh! I have to quit blogging or something for a while and get my desk (and the extension of it on the floor) cleaned up!